News & events
GAS WORKS IN COTTINGHAM
Patients attending our Holly House clinic in Cottingham may need to be aware of the following road closures:
George Street will be closed for approx. 4 weeks from Monday 3rd July.
Hallgate will be closed for approx. 4 weeks from Monday 3rd July.
Northgate will have 2-way traffic lights for approx. 1 week from Monday 31st July.
Diversions will be in place whilst road works are taking place.
A warm WELCOME to osteopath Dianne King who has joined the practice.
Dianne has been practicing as an osteopath in London for the last 6 years. She has moved up to Hull with her family and will be working with us at our Beverley and Cottingham surgeries.
Dianne graduated with a Master’s degree from the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2010. She has a particular interest in treating Sports Injuries and took a leading role in providing osteopathy during the London Olympics and Paralympics in 2012. She is also experienced in giving postural and work station advice for employees and treating a wide variety of work related conditions.
For appointments call our 24/7 booking line 01482 875004.
Apples for Alzheimer's
We are proud to announce that we have raised £265.80 for the Alzheimer’s Society over the last few weeks. This breaks our previous record last year.
The Bramley apple tree at the back of the Cottingham surgery has produced a huge crop this year. Baskets and boxes of apples were left in the waiting room at our Beverley and Cottingham surgeries.
A big thank you to everyone who took apples and donated to Alzheimer’s.
At Wadsworth Osteopaths we are keen to promote health awareness. We are holding a series of talks in schools to help children understand how best to keep themselves fit and well.
Healthy habits started early in life will pay dividends in the future.
A range of different talks are available for different age groups.
If you would like us to talk to one of the classes in your school please contact: Robert Wadsworth email@example.com 0774 771 0317
1. Promoting Healthy Lifestyle
• Healthy diet
- Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins
- Different exercise programmes to suit different levels of fitness
- Body types
- Muscle types: Red and white fibre muscle for short burst and endurance activity
- Training programmes
• Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs
- Health risks associated with legal and illegal drugs
• Noticing when something is wrong – PAIN: when is it normal, when does it need to be dealt with
- Dealing with injury & self help
- Normal healing
- When I need help
2. The Human Body and How it Works
• The skeleton: 'Dead Bod' - can you put the bone back where it belongs?
• The spine: 4 legs vs 2 legs
• Weak joints and strong joints
• Sitting too long can reduce your lifespan: 6hrs TV per day over lifetime can shorten your life by 4.8years
• Increased risk of: Diabetes, heart disease, cancers, osteoporosis, DVT
• Back pain
• What can I do?
- Reduce sitting overall, incorporate more movement into you life
- Alternate between sitting and standing, where possible get up every 20mins
- If you have to sit for longer periods
- Shift in your seat
- Use calf muscle pump
• Growing bones
• Carrying and posture
• Even loading
• Clear out
3. How do I rate myself?